Thursday, August 24, 2006

A welcome message

Welcome to my blog, and to my site if you follow the links that far. What I am doing here is beginning to research adding solar panels to my house. I don't have illusions of going off the grid, backpacking and granola crunching the whole way. What I would like to do is have enough solar capacity to charge enough batteries to keep the heat on in my house for two weeks in case of a power outtage. Maybe once my batteries are charged, sell a little power back to the local energy company, if for no other reason than to watch that electric meter roll backwards a little bit.

To meet these goals, I need to do some research. Part of that research is for the same reason men research many things, to convence the wife it is a justifiable idea. But, beyond that, I am a solar neophite. The closest I come to an understanding of solar power is the fact I own a solar calculator. So, we are going to be learning together. I will publish what I learn either here in this blog or on the regular site, and hopefully it will do you some good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home